Thursday, July 15, 2010

birthday letters

Starting on the day my son was born I carefully put words on paper about my feelings on that day and my excitement for the upcoming year. Each year after that on his birthday I wrote another letter to him stating this years past accomplishments and what the year ahead holds. I date the letter and put it in his file ( I keep a special letter file for each child). Someday when he is out of the house (way way way in the future I hope!!!) and off to college I will give the letters to him, but in a special way. 19 days before his birthday I will mail out my first letter to him, the letter I wrote on the day he was born and I will continue to mail the letters in the order I will mail them one right after another with the last one being the one I write on his 19th birthday.
O-kay so this may be a little tricky for me because my son's birthday is in July, but I have 15 years to figure it out. Any ideas on how you could show your son/daughter how much they were loved and are loved on their adult birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment